Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Denoumont- My favorite word

Denouement - This is my favorite word. I have used it alot over the years and keep it in mind when I write a story, but a lot of people do not know what it is. I just heard Aaron Sorkin say it again and believe now that I am not crazy. It does exist.
 
Dictionary.com says this word is defined as "the final part of a play, movie or narrative in which the strands of the plot are drawn together and matters are explained or resolved." My acting professor always said it was the "untying of the knot."

 
  1.  

     finale, final scene, epiloguecodaendendingfinishclose;More
    • the climax of a chain of events, usually when something is decided or made clear.

      "I waited by the eighteenth green to see the denouement"

      synonyms:outcomeupshotconsequenceresultend
      informalpayoff
      "the debate had an unexpected denouement"


No comments:

Post a Comment