Thursday, June 26, 2014

What was I thinking?

What was I thinking?

Here I am, a person with two degrees, and additional classes to my credit and I started working at Burger King because they offered a morning shift which would allow me to spend time with the boys during the day and I would have a little bit of income.

I thought it would be an easier job than waiting tables. Not! The customers are worse than any customers I've dealt with because they get rude when you don't get their order right on the first time they say it.

I think my problem is that if I'm sitting idol, then I have to be doing something. I have projects, but they don't make a steady income, so I feel I have to make some sort of income to justify my projects. I can't sit still. I could sit all day at my computer writing, but I can't sit still......actually...my brain can't sit still.
So, I went ahead and agreed to work at Burger King, to have somewhat of a steady income, but it turns out that $7.25 doesn't get me very far.

The only thing I like about it are some of the people I work with, talking on the headset and having to remember everything is a nice challenge and the morning schedule is good. I am a morning person so I can

I have worked three days one week and four days another week and I'm basically making one hundred dollars a week. Ridiculous when I can make almost $200 in one night at a fine dining restaurant.

Part of my problem is that I don't want to have to work with people who are difficult. I put up with a boss who was condescending, disparaging and talked behind people's backs for almost seven years and I am not going to take it anymore. I had a great salary at that job and I'm not about to put up with a similar person for less money. Please!

After working the drive through, I don't ever want to go to a fast food restaurant drive through again.



No comments:

Post a Comment